CreaVures is a physics-based puzzle platform game in which you guide pairs of “CreaVures” through the world. Each of the five CreaVure characters has its own unique abilities and you need to make them work together to progress through the levels.
- CreaVures is a visually stunning game. I really loved the overall look of the game and its characters. It takes place on a bioluminescent world resemblant of Avatar.
- The cutscenes are kinda cute. I wish they didn’t use a 4:3 aspect ratio for the cutscenes, though.
- You control two characters at once. While this is necessary for getting past many of the challenges, it means that once one character is through an area, you need to go back and do the same thing again with the other character.
- No co-op.
- Jumping can be a little frustrating, but I generally have issues with jumping in games. 😛
- The main menu looks awful and there is no mouseover feedback on the buttons.
- The names of the CreaVures are pretty hokey: Bitey, Pokey, Zappy, Rolly, & Glidey. At least the names indicate what the character is used for, though?
So overall, it’s a very pretty game, but it’s fairly simple and tedious and it could use a little more polish. It’s not a bad game, but it’s probably better suited for kids than adults.
I’d recommend Trine 2 instead, which is a similar game that I enjoyed a lot more… and it’s even more beautiful. ^_^