TUG is an open-world sandbox crafting game that I funded on Kickstarter. It’s been a while since I last played it, so I wanted to see how the game is coming along. TUG is in early access, so of course the game is still very much a work in progress.
Current version (Alpha 0.8.2) feedback
- The world is large and fun to explore, with many different biomes.
- Crafting is interesting and complex.
- When mining, it leaves smooth, curvy caves that look a lot more natural than mining large voxel blocks.
- Still no tutorial or tooltips, but the wiki is helpful (especially for crafting).
- Controls are a little wonky and unintuitive.
- There is a 3rd person view (press “x”), but it doesn’t seem as usable as 1st person.
- Shortcut bar only has 4 slots.
- No character customization yet.
- Fires don’t last long enough.
- A saber cat ate me. :'(